Want to know how to update pan card online? Well you have landed on the right article, make sure to read the article carefully to know how to change name in pan card as per aadhaar
Frequent economic and financial reforms in India have changed the scenario of taxation, TDS and ITR. With a plethora of legal, executive and behavioral actions by the authorities, more people are coming to the purview of taxation.
How To Update PAN Card Online (2022 Updated)
Significance of PAN Card:
A Permanent Account Number is the most important and sensitive thing in this context, be it for an individual or a company.
It's a prerequisite for opening a bank account.
With various government DBT schemes coming up for the farmers and other underprivileged, a PAN card has been an ultimate requirement.
You may find a valid PAN as an eligibility criterion for a job opportunity in many organizations.
More than all of the above, it's also an important identity proof.
In case of any errors regarding your PAN information, it's not difficult to correct it. You can make the pan name correction online and offline. For the offline process, we will discuss it in brief later.
For online correction, you have to go to NSDL or UTITSL portal and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit one of https://www.nsdl.co.in/ or https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/csf.html.
- Select whether you want to physically forward or digitally forward your application. Note that the Aadhar card details would be used in the case of digital forward. So act accordingly.
- You need to fill the PAN change request form diligently. You mustn't use abbreviated names, be it your name or the company's name.
- Tick the checkboxes according to the parameters you want to make changes in.
- Now proofread, recheck and edit before hitting the 'submit' button.
- Save the 15-digit acknowledgement number for future reference.
- Make the necessary payment.
- In the digital forward system, the details will automatically be collected from Aadhar. You have to upload some more documents in addition. And the process is over. Just wait and relax.
- In the physical forward system, you need to print out the filled and paid application form, attach the required documents and send it to their offices.
How to Apply for A PAN Card Name Change
Besides being an important and sensitive identity document, a PAN has a legal stand regarding taxation and money transactions. So, it's essential to keep it correct and updated. If you find the name on your PAN card faulty/ anything other than your legal name, you need to take action as soon as possible.
You can do it offline or online:
Online pan card name change process:
- Just visit NSDL or UTITSL portals and follow the protocol mentioned in the first section of this article.
- You have to tick the checkbox against your name to be updated specifically.
- You need to send the documents, especially back with your claim to change the name.
- Pay the amount and save the acknowledgement number.
If you had opted for the e-KYC signed method, the application would automatically be sent and verified. Otherwise, you will be required to send the form attached with the requisites to the following address:
- For NSDL, the address is as follows:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341 Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk.
- In the case of UTIITSL, you can send it to any of the four offices of Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi or Chennai at your convenience and their requirement.
Offline nsdl pan card update:
Stay adhered to the procedures mentioned in the above section of this write-up. You need to take care of two things specifically for this:
- Tick off the box against your name.
- Attach the proof of your name to be updated on your PAN ID.
- You will get your updated PAN delivered to your address in a few days.
You must attach the document listed in the table below to support your claim in any of the above methods:
Change of name for married women
1. Certificate of marriage or,
Individual applicants other than married ladies- Publication of name change in official gazette or
1. Publication of name change in the official gazette or,
ROC’s certificate for the name change
Revised Deed/ Agreement
Firms / Limited Liability Partnerships
Revised partnership deed
How to Apply for PAN Card Correction Offline?
If any error occurs in your PAN, it's recommended to update and modify the details at the earliest. A faulty PAN can cost you a fortune indirectly.
If you are unable to do it online, no problem! It's easy in offline mode as well if you go step by step as listed below:
Download and print the form for correction.
Go through the instructions carefully and fill in accordingly.
Form to be filled legibly in BLOCK LETTERS and preferably in BLACK INK.
The Form should be filled in English only.
Mention the 10-digit PAN correctly; wrong information may lead to rejection.
‘Individual’ applicants should affix two recent passport-size colour photographs. The clarity of the image on the PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of the photograph affixed on the form.
Ensure to tick the boxes against the data that you want to change.
It is mandatory to attach proof of identity, address and date of birth with the PAN application. The relevant documents should support changes or corrections desired in PAN particulars.
Now, visit the nearest facilitation centre with your filled application form and the required documents and pay accordingly. Take the receipts.
After accepting the form, they will provide you with an acknowledgement number for future reference.
The acknowledgement number can be used to track the proceedings. SMS NSDLPAN <space> Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status. For example, Type ‘NSDLPAN 881010101010100’ and send it to 57575.
Documents Required for PAN Card Correction (table)
You need to take utmost care in attaching the required documents. Otherwise, the whole application may become a waste altogether.
- A copy of your existing PAN card/ PAN allotment letter must be sent no matter what type of applicant you are. What kind of changes you wish to make also doesn't matter without it.
There is a wide range of options, laid out by rule 114 of income tax rules, 1962, for the proof of identity, address and date of birth. You can select from the table below and send it at your convenience.
For Individuals and HUFs (Indian Citizens):
PROOF OF D.O.B.
(i). Copy of:
(i). Copy of:
(i). Copy of:
Copy of the following documents if they bear the name, date, month and year of birth of the applicant, namely:
(ii) Certificate of identity in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be; or
(ii) Copy of following documents of not more than three months old:
(iii) Bank certificate in Original on letterhead from the branch (along with name and stamp of the issuing officer) containing a duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant.
(iii). Certificate of address in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be; or
(iv). Employer certificate in original.
Copy of the Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Companies.
Copy of the Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Firms or Copy of partnership deed
Limited Liability Partnership
Copy of the Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of LLPs
Association of Persons (Trust)
The Copy of trust deed or copy of the certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner
Association of Persons, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, or Artificial Juridical Person
Copy of Agreement or Copy of the certificate of Registration number issued by charity commissioner or Registrar of Cooperative Society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central or State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person.
Fees And Charges For Correction
You need to pay the money for the processing and delivery of the updated card.
- The fee for processing the PAN application is Rs.110/- (GST included).
- If the PAN card is dispatched outside India, the applicant must pay the additional dispatch charge of Rs. 910/-.
For Foreign Citizens:
Foreign citizens need to go through the same procedure. However, they have been instructed to submit a document from a different set of lists as mentioned below:
A. Copy of passport, or
A. Copy of the Passport, or
B. Copy of Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by Government of India, or
B. Copy of the Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by the Government of India, or
C. Copy of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by Government of India, or
C. Copy of the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by the Government of India, or
D. Copy of other national or citizenship Identification Number or Taxpayer Identification Number duly attested by “Apostille’’ (in respect of countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India.
D. Copy of the Bank account statement in the country of residence, or
E. Copy of the Non-resident External (NRE) bank account statement in India, or
E. Copy of the Certificate of Residence in India or Residential permit issued by the State Police Authorities, or
G. Copy of the Registration certificate issued by the Foreigner’s Registration Office showing Indian address, or
H. Copy of the Visa granted & Copy of the appointment letter or contract from Indian Company & Certificate (in original) of Indian address issued by the employer.
I. Copy of other national or citizenship Identification Number or Taxpayer Identification Number duly attested by “Apostille’’ (in respect of countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorized officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India.
For foreign companies/Entities incorporated outsidIndia/Unincorporated entities formed outside India:
- Copy of the Certificate of Registration issued in the country where the applicant is located, duly attested by “Apostille’’ (in respect of the countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961)
Or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located, or authorized officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India, or
- Copy of the registration certificate issued in India or of approval granted to set up an office in India by Indian Authorities
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to request corrections in my PAN card details online?
Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html or https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/csf.html
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Fill out the application form diligently.
- Attach the docs.
- Check, edit, recheck and go ahead.
- Pay the fees.
Q. Who can request changes or corrections in PAN data?
Any PAN cardholder can apply for change/correction. It's recommended that you do it by yourself. Someone else can also do it for you, but only with your consent and information.
Q. Do I need to pay any fee while requesting corrections in my PAN card details?
The fee for processing PAN applications is Rs 110/- (GST included).
If the PAN card is to be dispatched outside India, then an additional dispatch charge of Rs 910/- will have to be paid.
Q. Are the PAN card form and the PAN card correction forms different?
In offline mode, they are usually different. NSDL operates on the same link for new and correction. UTIITSL has different forms.
Q. How to request a new PAN card online without any changes in details?
The process is the same. You will have to omit two steps:
- You don't have to produce any additional documents.
- No need to tick any checkbox in the correction column.
Q. How much time does it take to get a PAN Card at the address proof?
It takes around three weeks to get delivered to your address. However, you can obtain the updated e-PAN on the same day
I hope you liked our article on how to update pan card online, and it must have solved your queries such as how to change name in pan card as per aadhaar, update pan card mobile number/ update nsdl mobile number, pan card mobile number change or pan card father name correction documents required or nsdl pan name change
if you have any comments or suggestions do share them in the comments below.