Want to know how to block credit card sbi? Well you have landed on the right article, make sure to read the article to know how to block sbi credit card permanently.
In case your wallet ever gets stolen or lost, you’ll be in a state of sheer panic. Hundreds of thoughts will go through your head. The wallet contains your IDs and documents, money, and several cards.
A pickpocket can use your cards to make unauthorised purchases and leave you with the bill. So the moment you realise your wallet was stolen, the first thing you should do is block your cards to minimise the damage.
Not only will this protect your money, but if someone tries to use it, it will help the authorities to find the culprit. It's better to know it and not need it than to need it and not know it.
How To Block Credit Card SBI (2022 Updated)
Ways to block SBI Credit card
You should block SBI card at the moment you find out you lost it. You can also temporarily block a card if you wish to do so.
There are 4 ways to block an SBI Credit Card.
- Through the Website (Netbanking)
- Through the SBI Mobile App
- Through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Through an SMS
Let’s go through each one of them quickly. You can pick the one which is the most comfortable for you.
1. How To block sbi credit card online Via Website
- Go to the net banking site of SBI and log in to your account.
- Go to the “Services” tab
- Click on “Block Lost/ Stolen Card”
- Your card is now blocked, and your money is safe.
2. how to block my sbi credit card Through Mobile App
- Download the app and log in if you already have the SBI Mobile App.
- In the menu, go to the “Service Request” option.
- Find the “Report Lost/ Stolen” and enter your card details.
- Submit, and your card is now blocked and reported stolen/ lost..
3. How to block sBI card Through IVR
- You can call customer care on the following numbers and ask them to block the card for you.
- Toll Free Number(s): 1800-180-1290, 1860-500-1290, 1860-180-1290
- Make sure to add your STD Code before dialing.
4. how to block sbi card by sMS/how to block sbi credit card by sMS
- To block your card, send an SMS in the following format to 5676791
- “BLOCK XXXX” where XXXX is the last 4 digits of your SBI Card
- The SMS should be sent from your registered mobile number only.
You can always request a reissue of a new SBI Credit Card from the same place while blocking the previously lost card. The cost of the reissue is only Rs 100. Remember to collect the confirmation number of this request in case there is a dispute later.
If anyone tries to make any purchase or transfer money from the card, the transaction will be stopped. Nearby authorities and the shopkeeper will be alerted that the card is stolen/ lost.
Even if you stop the card AFTER the pickpocket has made a purchase, you can still refuse to pay for it, as blocking the card later is a valid defence.
How to Block SBI Corporate Credit Card when Travelling Abroad
If you’re travelling abroad due to business, education, vacation, or any other reason, and you end up losing your Credit Card or Corporate Credit Card, you can easily block the card using the same method. Bonus, you can call the following numbers to arrange for emergency cash.
Visa Customer Care Numbers for Most Visited Countries
Mainland China – South
Mainland China – North
8 10-800-110-1011; await second dial tone, then dial: 866-654-0164
United Arab Emirates
8000-021; await second dial tone, then dial: 866-654-0112
How to Unblock SBI Credit Card
You can never unblock a stolen/ lost SBI Credit Card for safety purposes. You can easily apply for a new one. But you can unblock a card that got blocked due to reasons like suspicious amounts charged, non-payment of bills, or going over the credit limit.
The process of unblocking is simple. Call the SBI Credit Card Customer Care at 1860-180-1290 or (STD Code) 39020202, and after confirming your identity, you can unblock the card.
You can also call the same number to reactivate your temporarily blocked card.
Note: If your card was blocked due to spending over the credit limit, you have to pay the bill first to bring it below the credit limit.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I block my SBI credit card online?
There are 2 ways to block an SBI Credit Card. Through the SBI Mobile App and the website.
- Download and log in to the SBI mobile app.
- Menu > Service Request > Report Lost/ Stolen > Fill Details > Submit
- Go to the net banking site of SBI and log in.
- Service > Block Lost/ Stolen Card
2. Can I block a credit card?
If your card gets stolen, or you lose it, or due to any other reason, you can easily block your SBI Credit Card in less than 5 minutes. Follow the steps above.
3. How do I close a credit card account permanently?
There are 4 ways to close your credit card account. Before doing it, make sure that no amount is outstanding.
- Mobile App
- Customer Care
Once your credit card is blocked and the account is nil, you can close your account by going to the nearest SBI branch and requesting a permanent closure. Make sure to collect a “No Dues Certificate” before leaving.
4. How can I block my SBI credit card by phone?
You can call on SBI credit card helpline number, On these numbers are request blocking of your card -
Alternatively, you can also send an SMS to 5676791 with the content “BLOCK XXXX,” where XXXX is the last 4 digits of your SBI Card.
I hope you liked our article on how to block credit card sbi, and it must have solved your queries such as how to block sbi credit card permanently, sbi credit card block number, how to block sbi credit card online, sbi card block number, sbi card block no, or card customer care number
if you have any comments or suggestions do share them in the comments below.